DR. TOM BURNETT
- Board Certified Physiatrist/Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (2014)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (2011-2014)
- Airforce Flight Surgeon (2008-2011)
- University of Toledo – Doctor of Medicine (2007)
- University of Dayton – Bachelor of Science- Pre-medicine (2002)
- Dr. Thomas J. Burnett, MD graduated cum laude from the University of Dayton in 2002 with a degree in pre-medicine. In 2007, he graduated from the University of Toledo College of Medicine after receiving the United States Air Force HPSP (Health Professions Scholarship Program) scholarship. After completing his intern year of residency at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, he served 3 years as a flight surgeon for the 178th Fighter Wing and 445th Airlift Wing at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. He was awarded the Commendation Medal in June 2011 for his achievements while deployed to Afghanistan in 2010, where he served as a validating flight surgeon of Regional Command South.After his honorable discharge, he returned to Pittsburgh and UPMC to complete his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Physiatry). After graduating in 2014, he became the Medical Director of Legacy Medical Centers. He continues his work with military veterans by sitting on the board of directors for ‘It’s About The Warrior’ Foundation [http://iatw.us/]- a tristate area, a nonprofit organization assisting and empowering all post 9/11 veterans and their families.
His concentration and passion is centered on sports and regenerative medicine as well as concussion management. He has performed over 300 successful stem cell and regenerative medicine procedures on active or retired professional athletes. With his integration of hyperbaric oxygen chambers, class IV lasers, whole-body cryotherapy and ozone therapy in conjunction with the stem cell and regenerative medicine procedures; he has quickly become recognized as one of the foremost Regenerative Medicine specialists in the Pittsburgh area.
He lives in Peter’s Township with his wife Nancy and boys Colin and Keaton.