What is Cryotherapy?
- During Cryotherapy your body is enveloped with extreme cold air (-238 F to -274 F) for up to 3 minutes
- Cryotherapy causes the body to direct blood flow away from your extremities and to your organs. After your treatment, your body recirculates your blood.
- This helps you recover faster, treats aches and pains, and burn up to 800 calories per session!
Pittsburgh’s First Cryotherapy Sauna
Helping our Local Pros Compete at the Top Level
Cryotherapy on The Doctors
The Cryolab is Pittsburgh’s leading provider of cryotherapy; a non-invasive cold therapy focusing on athletic recovery, pain management, and overall health, beauty & wellness. Cryotherapy provides safe and natural therapeutic programs to help in athletic performance, inflammation reduction, increased metabolism, anti- aging and skin renewal.
What is Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy is less complicated than you think. Cryo is a Greek word meaning icy cold, which is why many call cryotherapy “cold therapy” instead. It’s a treatment in the which the body is briefly exposed to very cold temperatures in order to promote healing and other therapeutic results. Cryotherapy has been shown to decrease inflammation of the body’s tissues, muscles and joints. Cryotherapy can help to reduce pain and muscle spasms in the body as well as lessen the swelling of injuries. Cryotherapy has also shown to promote faster healing in joint, muscle and tendon injuries.
Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC)
Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC) is a sophisticated strategy of cold treatment including three minutes of skin exposure to temperatures between – 200°F to – 250°F.
While this methodology was initially used in Japan in 1978 to treat rheumatic diseases, studies conducted in the course of last two decades and have established cryotherapy as an effective treatment for reducing symptoms of pain and inflammation associated with various chronic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia.
Pittsburgh CryoLab: Pain Relief & Increased Athletic Performance
Cryotherapy targets specific areas of the body that are inflamed and in pain. Cryotherapy combats this response by constricting the blood vessels, thus decreasing inflammation. Whether pain or inflammation is keeping you from your favorite activity or hobby such as sports, biking, running or gardening, or if you are simply finding yourself less active and more irritable due to chronic debilitating pain and inflammation, then Pittsburgh Cryotherapy is your answer.
Cryotherapy – The Cold That Revs Up Your Metabolism
At Pittsburgh cryolab, our treatment sessions improve blood circulation, increases muscle tone, resulting in passive weight loss. Exposure to extreme cold temperatures triggered by a Cryotherapy session increases the body’s metabolic rate to produce heat and can burn from 500-800 Kcal per session.
Pittsburgh Cryotherapy benefits:
Athletic performance & recovery benefits:
- Decreased muscle soreness
- Accelerate muscle repair
- Decreased recovery time
- Quicker healing of post-surgery or injury
- Increased blood circulation
- Boosted energy and Immune System
Health & Wellness Benefits
- Releases endorphins
- Decreased fatigue, anxiety, and depression
- Tighter, healthier skin
- Decreased incidence of colds and flu
- Improves sleep
- Medical Weight loss
- Relief from severe acne
Pain & Inflammation Management
- Reduction in pain & inflammation
- Assists in a quicker surgical recovery
- Aids in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Helps with the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis and Fibromyalgia
- Helps provide relief from nerve pain
Please feel free to contact us for more information about cryotherapy and our services in greater Pittsburgh area. We will be glad to assist you.